Account Executive, PR & Activation
CBC is looking for an Account Executive, PR & Activation to join our exciting PR team working on accounts in healthcare, tech and the sustainable practices space. The AE is a media relations pro who enjoys and excels in getting things done and tracking all the details that go into successfully managing client programs, campaigns and events. The AE has strong organizational skills and excels at taking tasks off of others’ plates. They have developed a knack for pitching media and know how to build an effective story. They have secured placements for clients in top-tier print, digital, broadcast and podcast outlets. The AE is a highly motivated team player who has the ability to multi-task and be proactive.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as day-to-day client contact by providing insight and strategic recommendations to client and team, both proactively and reactively, to maintain account momentum and success
- Write media pitches, press releases, memos and other client documents
- Develop and sustain relationships with business, trade and consumer press on behalf of clients and agency
- Pitch target media and secure placements in top-tier outlets across print, digital, broadcast and podcast
- Actively contribute to media strategy, including consistent development of proactive outreach angles and positioning announcements that generate client coverage
- Measure and analyze PR results; providing recaps to clients
- Up to date on industry workings, happenings and media shifts
- Adhere to deadlines; manage up
- Work with account team on house programs and client events – including but not limited to: vendor research, coordinating event logistics, on-site execution, media relations
- Contribute to all team and company efforts, large and small
- Track record of securing coverage in top press outlets
- Existing strong database of media relationships
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented is a must
- Healthcare, Tech PR experience is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Cision, Keynote, Zoom, Slack and Google Drive. Knowledge of Adobe and Photoshop is a plus.
- Boston, MA or New York City, NY; currently remote work status until 2021; 20% travel expected in post-COVID world.